Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a web server handled by a hosting company. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's review these. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to build a website, e-mail addresses, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various companies, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file storage packages often involve ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific stretch of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between separate stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web space hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some firms offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share an enormous quantity of images with chums or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mailbox accounts. Some suppliers offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will enable you to administer as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to keep a web site. To some extent, it contains all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail box accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Get a Dot Name, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for specific web content only.